Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Transmission #2b (No Fear)

Prologue to a Novel

In the time before our great fall, legends truly lived. The world was not a forgiving one; every being on Iloveth struggled to survive, and that left none to watch over the weak. This gave rise to the cruel predators of the world, subverting the defenseless and mistreating them for their own perverted inclinations. This is a story of a select few, who fought for us all; even when we didn’t merit defenders. Their bodies have long dried up and been reclaimed by the land, but we keep their memory alive. By fighting for what they stood for and honoring them, we channel their splendor and in the face of destruction and absolute end, they give us hope.

In the time of long-calm,
The darkness, once forgotten, was sought
In the aid of hubris and strength.
Not knowing what sacrifices would recompense.
In the hope that with allegiance, secrets would be bought
And hearts desired won.

In time, cries colored the night
And death descended to feast on final breaths.
Children of Das'il dressed in fear and pain
Begging for any to end darkness' reign.
Many answered desperate pleas’, many would attest,
Though the evil's they replaced were remembered as less.

Their suffering unchanged;
Das'il's own borne now faced with new lords,
Turned away from saviors once dreamt
And garbed in iron and with bloodied fists clenched
And put power in words
and lay waste to chains

~~~~~

TWiaBP



I was afraid of the world.

Surely its size would swallow me whole

Although I know that one day it will

Such is all peoples’ fate
But I was so afraid
I might be big, but it is much bigger
I can be harsh, but it is much harsher
It doesn’t realize this
And it will never realize me.
I was afraid of the world
I thought me soft, but have found it much softer
Not unlike a shoulder to lean on
You need to only reach for it
And so I set out to rest my weary head
I traveled down roads known to many
Into trails traveled by few
I must confess I had my doubts
Is all this really worth your solace
Is this really worth the effort
My lungs burn, my body trembles, and I am tired.
I was afraid of the world
Sometimes I even want to quit
Even when the end is at hand.
I know you wouldn’t care
You can’t care because to you I am nothing.
To me you are everything.
I was afraid of the world.
There is no me without you and I suppose that is what pushes me.
I need to find who I am
And I always do.
Somewhere in between suffering another mountain
Feeling your breeze embrace my cheek
Or falling into deep slumber after a day of hard travel
I can lay my head upon the shoulder you have given
And see that the world is a beautiful place
And I am no longer afraid to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment